Thursday, February 10, 2011

FTF: Dried Squid for Breakfast


Aside from Danggit, Dried Squid from Cebu is one of my favorites. And I really look forward to it as pasalubong, if a friend or relative comes home from Cebu. But last week was different, because nobody came from Cebu. I bought my dried squid from the supermarket.
Served it with some hot sopas and rice...
Perfect with cane vinegar, especially with garlic. 
 

Goes well with a cup of hot coffee, some red eggs and tomatoes or a chocolatey bowl of champorado(chocolate rice porridge).

7 comments:

Clarissa said...

I miss those breaky lalo na with danggit!Mapapa-kamay-kainan ako^_^

Cheerful said...

hayyy, na-miss ko tuloy ang pinoy breakfast...red eggs, tomatoes, champorado...yummy! sarap din ang tuyo sa champorado, sis! dream ko na nga lang for now ang mga pagkaing iyan! happy food trip friday!

Chubskulit Rose said...

That look sumptuous! I bought dried squid once, when I fried it, my husband begged not to buy anymore squid lol..



Spice Up Your Life

Unknown said...

oh, yes! this makes me crave for some dried pusit!

Jenn said...

I am not much into dried squid because it tends to be a bit bitter... but you are right, it does taste better with vinegar and garlic dip.

my Food Trip Friday post

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

It look so crispy! I'm sure sarap nyang w/ vinegar dip!

Granite Dining Tables said...

This is delicious. I've tried it already and really tasted. Love it!