Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tomato and Basil Pasta

It's been a long time since I've prepared a home- based pasta dish. I really wanted something new, but at the same time still easy to prepare. So I gathered ingredients available in my pantry and freezer. Just as I was about to begin, I found out that I was missing an ingredient that's suppose to be used as base for my pasta sauce. Instead of making a quick stop at the grocery store, I just figured to make my own sauce with fresh ingredients like red tomatoes and fresh basil.
HIGHLIGHT:  I made my own Tomato and Basil Puree!
It's like Pesto. Just replace the pine nuts with fresh red tomatoes.

This pasta recipe is basically a "mix everything together dish". 

Once you're all set with your ingredients:
  • 5 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil for sauteing
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
  • Sauce of your choice
  • Pre-cooked pasta of your choice
  • Shrimps (peeled and deveined)
  • Salt and pepper 
How To:
  • In a pan, saute garlic in olive oil until light brown.
  • Add butter and shrimps, saute until shrimps are cooked.
  • Add pre-cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese then "mix everything together".
  • Add sauce and stir until sauce and shrimps are evenly mixed with the pasta.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
Love it, Enjoy it!

1 comment:

Mommy Jes said...

hmm will try this one :)

added you to my Yummylicious blogs sis found in my sidebar :)