Thursday, January 19, 2012

Raintree My Special Milk Tea

Lately, milk tea shops has been sprouting everywhere. Milk tea is nothing new to us. Especially for my husband, the only person in my family who loves milk tea and make that sugarfree. Raintree Teapresso Blends is located along Katipunan Avenue, St. Ignatius Village. If you're taking White Plains, coming from Corinthian Hills, before the Boni Serrano- Katipunan Avenue intersection, you'll find Raintree on the left side. We've been passing by Raintree eversince but we never really tried to set time for a quick visit until... one Monday morning, my husband was in the mood to have some milk tea. I immediately suggested that we check  the newly opened restaurant. It was a quick 5 min. drive from our house and the moment we got there, I was smiling from ear to ear, I fell in love with the set up and feel of the place  in an instant and I haven't seen their menu yet.

To make my story more interesting... personally, I am not a milk tea lover and I am very particular with this drink. In my previous posts, I even shared that I don't like the taste of tea and milk combined. But I still gave it a try, I ordered a tall glass from a famous milk tea shop, but... nahh... it wasn't that good.
But believe me, after tasting Raintree's Specialtea, things changed. Thanks to my husband by the way. In a span of 1 month, I've already consumed 2 VIP cards from Raintree. For every order, they will sign or put a stamp on the card and after your 10th drink, you'll get a free 16oz. pearl milk tea.

Take this entry as an opener because more blogs about Raintree are going to be posted.

Whenever I am in a new restaurant or anything I haven't tried or anywhere I haven't been to, once I get to make a stop in that place, I make sure to try what they call "the house specialty". That Monday morning, since we were in the mood for some milk tea, as "the house specialty", I decided to go for Raintree's specialtea or simply: Raintree Specialtea Note: with extra pearls or coffee jelly
22oz. Raintree Specialtea and Almond Joy  (php100)
  22 oz.Taro and Belgian Chocolate (php95)
Our favorite milk teas goes around these 4 flavors. Raintree Specialtea, Almond Joy, Taro and Belgian Choccolate. Raintree's pearl milk tea is composed of freshly brewed tea and non-dairy milk which makes it the perfect drink for someone who is lactose intolerant. Served with pearls and sugar level will depend on the customer's request
.
Levels of Sweetness: no sugar, 1/4 sugar, 1/2 sugar, 3/4 sugar, normal sugar.
22oz. Moroccan Mint (php95)
Uniquely flavored. It stands out. Best with coffee jelly.

Coming out of the box, getting off my comfort zone, I was able to enjoy another extraordinary drink. Considering that I love anything with mint, Moroccan Mint tea was the next best choice for me. Wanting something different, I think I made the right pick. It doesn't end here though, more drinks and even pastries and cakes are bound to be tasted, so stay tuned.

No comments: