Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Farinas Ilocos Empanada

It just keeps getting better. That's why I love QC! Everything is here, it's a good location for food business owners to put up their restaurants. Just recently, Farinas Ilocos Empanada graced us with  branches very near to our place:

1. Kalayaan Avenue QC.
2. White Plains QC. 

But before anything else, I would like to share that my husband and I developed this 3am ritual everytime he would come home from work late. He would often buy goodies from food stops along White Plains- Katipunan Avenue since it's along the way going home. Early last month, my husband surprised me with a new delicious treat. We've tried several restaurants that offers Ilocano delicacy, most of the food we tried were okay, but it wasn't as good as what we have tasted from Farinas.
Our first food trip from Farinas was their Bagnet meal. It's Bagnet served with hot rice, salted egg, tomatoes and best eaten with Farinas' special bagoong and Ilocos vinegar. In one of the parties we attended over the recent holidays, we brought Bagnet from Farinas, everyone liked it.

Today, we went to a different store location, Kalayaan Avenue. It just so happen that we were having our car fixed. The manager of the auto shop told us that they will be going on their lunch break. So we thought that we should also go for lunch. At first, I was totally clueless where my husband and I can go for lunch. Apparently, my husband was ahead of me. He knew that there was a nearby Farinas. It was so close to where we were, we just crossed the street.
The Kalayaan branch was roomy. I noticed that it is also equipped with a CCTV camera. For a change, I ordered Longganisa meal (90php) which is Ilocos longganisa served with hot rice, salted egg and tomatoes.
To match my food and to be able to get hold of the Ilocos dining experience, I added an order of Farinas' Special Empanada (50php). As always, best eaten with Sukang Iloko.
The Special Empanada filling is composed of egg, longganisa and green papaya. The Special empanada is close to the traditional Ilocano empanada which is green papaya, mongo, egg and longganisa. It is packed in rice flour, then fried. It is orange in color. Best eaten with sukang Iloko.
A simple afternoon of errands was made way extraordinary because of an accidental discovery. 

Thank you  Farinas for bringing the heart of Ilocos near our home and for spreading the love among Ilocano food enthusiasts here in Manila!
http://www.farinasilocosempanada.com/

1 comment:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

What i want to try is the bagnet :) not fond of empanada e.