Friday, March 22, 2013

Lunch Date at ARYA

My husband and I took some time off and had our kids stay with their grandparents over last weekend. In a way, such occasion when we get to have some time for ourselves regarding how, where and when is already considered grand. School is out, so I get to have a vacation too. Friday night, my husband asked me if he can take me out on a date. Being asked by my other half is one of the things I cherish because not all guys do that, especially when you're married. Aside from his surprises, it's one husband's sweet gestures that he kept even if we're married already. He didn't change a bit. Well, you don't really change to a different person when you get married. Ideally and based on my experience being married for almost 10 years, yes we grow old physically, but the emotions, the mind and heart becomes sweeter and happier.
One of the things I share the most with my husband is food. We have the same taste. We love going on food adventures, we just try everything.
There's this list of favorites that we have and we just rotate each item in the list so that there's something to look forward to. Persian is on top lately. Over lunch, we agreed to go to ARYA at the Promenade in Greenhills. Arya Persian Restaurant is the home of authentic Persian cuisine and is one of the most progressive Persian Restaurants in the country.--- http://www.aryapersianrestaurant.com
For starters, we had Hummus and 4 orders of Pita bread. I'm so addicted to Hummus. My Persian dining is going to be incomplete without Hummus.
For our main meal we had Arya's Bareh Koobideh served with grilled tomatoes, choice of pita bread or add Php20 for Basmati rice. Quite a serving too... I can practically share it with another head, but I finished everything with  Arya's house blend iced tea on the side. Even while eating, we were still talking about food... It keeps on coming. Ideas, experiences and other fun moments of our food tasting. But take note, we don't do this every week. We at least go out once or twice a month or every other month, the rest of the days are spent in the house with home-cooked meals.
Our afternoon continued with a good movie... Oz The Great & Powerful... Love it!
Which we paired with 2  large, cold orders of Happy Lemon's Cocoa with Cheese and Rock Salt. Rejuvenating! and we haven't done some retail therapy yet :)

No comments: