Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mushroom and Cheese Croquettes

So I was enjoying buffet dinner with my family over the weekend, and it just so happen that City Buffet's croquettes was the highlight of my meal. It was plain potato croquette but it was delicious and it matched the salsa sauce that came with it. I thought, as a week opener, beating the Monday blues, I decided to make my version. Mushroom and Cheese Croquettes.

Croquettes are easy to make and it can be stuffed with almost anything. Ground meat, vegetables, different cheeses, ham, bacon and a mix of any of these. It can also be served with any sauce but most of the time it is paired with salsa.
Since it's my first time to make it, I searched for an easy recipe. Please check the link: Croquette Recipe
Instead of Ham and Cheese, I replaced the ham part with minced mushrooms.
My sauce recipe:
  • 1/2 cup Hunt's Tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup ready-made salsa
  • 1/2 tsp cilantro
  • 1/2 tsp chopped parsley
  • a dash of salt
How To:
  • Mix everything in a microwavable container and pop it inside the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
  • Also best served when chilled.
*Please take note that you can use any brand of tomato sauce and ready- made salsa. I prefer Hunt's because their tomato sauce is thick and rich.

1 comment:

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen said...

Haven't hopped here for the longest time! I love croquettes! Your version looks delicious!