Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mango Salsa

At home, one of our favorite snacks as a family is Nachos Supreme. I love munching on Nachos during movie nights, using my iPad, browsing a free ebook and just hanging out with my family. A good Nachos Supreme includes everything on top including some homemade salsa. I'm suppose to make peach- mango salsa, but just when I thought I have peaches in my pantry it turned out that I don't. So it ended up as "mango salsa" which is still commonly served in restaurants.
If you intend to make Peach- Mango Salsa, this recipe will still work, just add peaches.

Ingredients:
  • 2 whole ripe mangoes (peeled and sliced into cubes)
  • 2 whole peaches (chopped into cubes)
  • 3 red tomatoes (seeds removed and chopped into small pieces)
  • 1 red or white onion (minced)
  • 1 tbsp of sliced and pitted black olives
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or wansoy
  • 1 tbsp chopped or minced Jalapeno
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice or calamansi juice
  • a dash of salt
*olive oil is optional

How To:
  • In a bowl, mix everything well.
  • In a separate large bowl, assemble your nachos, beef, and cheese then top it with your homemade mango salsa.
It's a healthy snack for the family. I prefer this more than the usual potato chips we buy in the supermarket. Everything's made fresh.

No comments: