Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Surprise Mixer

To give a little light on this "baking thing". My family's been into making bread and pastries ever since I was a kid. My parents owned a bakery. My mom and dad made Pandesal, Cheese rolls, Ensaymada and Spanish bread etc... everything became everyone's favorite. 
My mom and dad knows how much I wanted to own a KitchenAid mixer. But as we all know, buying one is no joke. Here in the Philippines, a KitchenAid mixer costs around Php25,000. If we're to spend that much, it's best to take baking a step higher and that's probably the best time to put up a business. 

 But as of the moment, this Homemaker Bench Mixer will do. With Planetary Action , 6 Speeds plus Pulse, 1 Dough Hook, 1 Beater, 1 Whisk, 4 litre stainless steel bowl (detachable), it's a great partner on enhancing one's baking skills. My friends with the same hobby gave a full thumbs up on this lucky buy and it's red. I haven't used it yet.

I'm thanking my dear parents for being thoughtful and supportive. I'm turning 35 next month, married for 10 years with 2 kids, but it feels like I never left home... My parents has always been there for me and my siblings. I'm so blessed to have this kind of relationship with my family.

My week started wonderfully with a call from my mom and told me that they bought a stand mixer. And when I talked to my dad. 

Here's what he said:
"Anak, yan na muna pang practice- practice, tapos bibili tayo ng KitchenAid".  ( For now, this mixer is good for practicing your baking skills, then we will buy a KitchenAid Mixer). 

I didn't even ask for it, but they're saving up for the big one. I'm so inspired that's why I want to bake a cake!

 And yes, my intention is to learn not only to make some sweet pastries but my mom's pandesal and her famous cheese rolls as well. Baking my mom's famous breads is a planned surprise. I just want to surprise them one day and serve some hot bread on the dining table.

With a new mixer, it doesn't mean I am going to let go of my mom's 20 year old hand mixer. Our hand mixer is working just fine, it's perfect for making small recipes and quick mixes. I just love the thought that I have both mixers!

It's happiness having freshly baked bread coming from your own oven first thing in the morning. I experienced that thru my parents when I was a kid. I want to do it for my children and my husband. It's one of the fond memories I had as a child and I will cherish and pass it over to my family.

VISIT: Homemaker Stand Mixer 2014 post  for more information. Thank you.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been eyeing this homemaker bench stand mixer and I found your post. May I know how is it doing now? Maganda ba ang performance?

Enchie said...

Hi Luanne! So far so good! I've made lots of cupcakes, frosting, brownies, crinkles, cookies, chocolate cakes and cheesecakes with it.

Unknown said...

So good to hear! I'm purchasing this mixer this month. Oh can't wait.
Thanks Enchie!

Anonymous said...

Hello, been eyeing homemaker stand mixer as well. Good thing saw your post. How was it? Have you tried using it making bread (dough hook)? Kaya ng power ng mixer?

Enchie said...

Hi! I haven't tried it with bread. I have a cookie recipe that results to a thick dough, it can handle it. This stand mixer is just right especially for those who are still starting to get into baking, like me :).

Anonymous said...

hi ask ko lang poh kung san poh nakakabili ng ganyan?? homemaker bench mixer na red i really need it badly help me poh. TIA

Anonymous said...

hi ask ko lang poh san nakakabili ng homemaker bench mixer??

Enchie said...

Hi Tia! Mine was bought from HMR Surplus Sta. Rosa. I also found some Homemaker kitchen equipments in Market Market from a surplus store (check the upper floors).

Amay said...

At the moment it's out of stock on this site http://www.shop4juan.com.ph/homemakerbenchmixerred450W# but will be available next week when I asked them via chat on their website. :) I'm hoping to get one too.

Enchie said...

Hi Amay!

Thanks for sharing the link. That's additional info for everyone.

Unknown said...

Hi Enchie! I am now looking for a heavy duty mixer because I really need one to keep my homebased business of baking cakes, cupcakes and pastries. 2 of my black and decker hand mixers did't stay long enough for me because of the too many brazos and frosting that i made. Like you I have been wishing and praying for a kitchenaid... but sad to say, it's way out of my budget!! :( now, i have seen this Homemaker Bench Mixer on olx.ph at an affordable price.. please help me decide on this one... How was it? Hope it's efficient and can carry on with lots of baking esp this coming Christmas season.... your reply will be significant for my decision on buying this mixer. Hope to hear from you soon.... God bless. TIA!

Enchie said...

Hi Tia! Homemaker Bench Mixer is very efficient but not as heavy duty as a KitchenAid. I only mix an equivalent of 2 dozen for cupcakes, then I just come up with another load if I need to make more just not to over use the mixer. For cakes, I go for 2 layer cakes. You can easily achieve brazo, meringue,frosting, etc... mixes with this stand mixer too.

I'm preparing to make another post for the Homemaker Stand Mixer soon.