Saturday, November 30, 2013

Some Updates

This is going to be one of the most exciting Christmas for me. Even if I haven't started with my Christmas shopping or at least plan our Christmas menu, one thing kept me very busy... Preparing my kitchen for a baking showcase. 

Here's my situation for the past months since I started baking: I go all the way to my parents house just to bake. In the condo we're renting, a kitchen stove that runs thru gas is not allowed. As of the moment, I use an induction cooker which has become a blessing because of it's healthy and budget- friendly benefits (in another post).

Aside from the stand mixer my parents gave me as an advance gift for my birthday, I just found out that I am also going to be gifted with a brand new countertop oven and new baking materials. Like I said in my previous post, all I wanted to do is to bake for my family. 6- 12 cupcakes will do... I don't really need anything big or heavy duty in order to achieve something that is easy to make. This countertop oven is the answer to what I need at this point in time. I am really excited because now, I don't have to travel far and disturb anybody just so I can create and bake something. I can experiment without having too much wastage.

Practice, take time, practice, take your time, practice... that's what my parents would often tell me. We believe that nothing's going to be achieved in the right way if we will suddenly jump into things. Time is of the essence in a way that I don't need to rush things. But at the same time, I need to put in mind that each day counts. Just like 2 weeks ago, I was invited to join a Christmas bazaar. It is a wonderful opportunity.

Again, this bazaar is not going to be possible if it weren't for the people who thought about me... I am truly grateful to be blessed. I am just happy to be surrounded by people who are very supportive of what I do. 

 0o0o

I apologize for the long absence of recipes and food features on this blog. The recent calamity that hit our country was devastating that me and my husband couldn't bear if we don't do anything. For the past 2 weeks, I helped my other half prepare for a relief and medical mission in Leyte together with a team of doctors, firefighters and medics. It was a life- changing event for all...

No comments: