Wednesday, June 4, 2014

RBy's Steak and Shake

To my fellow foodies out there, here's a grub shack along Maginhawa st. that offers scrumptious steak burgers and shakes.

Every Monday and Tuesday, I regularly go to Sikatuna Village to bring my eldest son to an activity center near Maginhawa st. For the past 4 years, my husband and I have been regulars in some of the restaurants along this "food street" in Quezon City.

I drop off our son to the center, then I go to any of our favorite resto stop in the area for some refreshments while I wait for the time to fetch my son.
Recently, I wanted something new. I drove along Maginhawa st. and found RBy's Steak And Shakes.  I didn't have second thoughts, I went inside as if I've been to the place before. It's cozy interior, comfortable chairs and one of a kind display inspired by Philadelphia's own picturesque city was just inviting.

There's a lot to try when it comes to RBy's house specialties... From steak burgers, their Philly Cheesesteak version, side dishes and milkshakes.  But on my first visit, I went for something familiar to my palate.
In and Out Mushroom Burger 105php 
 (add 65php: for french fries, iced tea or pink lemonade)
It's one of the best mushroom burgers I've ever tasted. Everything was cooked and prepared on the spot. The cheese and mushrooms bits blended well. It wasn't salty. The patty was juicy and tender. Plus, the french fries reminded me of the ones I prepare at home, made of real potatoes. Of course, once I saw that they have pink lemonade on the menu, I just gotta try it. It's one of my favorite refreshments.
Philly Pasta 145php  
Pink Lemonade 35php
At first, their Philly Pasta looks like any Carbonara dish. There's an herbal twist to it and there's a lot of bacon and mushrooms to enjoy. I love it!

More food finds from RBy's Steak And Shake soon on this blog.
Location: 152A Maginhawa St. Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
Like: RBy's Steak And Shake on Facebook

No comments: