Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Hershey's Chunks

It's school time once again here in the Philippines and one of the things I juggle with everyday is coming up with a good, delicious and healthy snack for my boys. Aside from sandwiches, cupcakes, biscuits, children will always look for chewy cookies. My children are very fond of cookies. It's been in our grocery list ever since. But, not just any cookie can be considered. My kids like it soft, chewy, with a lot of chocolate chips and no raisins.

For the first week, I baked some Vanilla Cupcakes and a batch of Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Hershey's Chunks. Since I don't have a recipe at hand, I went to allrecipes.com/ and as always, I was graced with an easy recipe. (this is not a paid post)

The original recipe can yield up to 32 cookies, I adjusted the recipe and came up with 12- 15 palm- sized cookies. The recipe itself was perfect. It didn't require too much. It's the basic baking ingredients put together. But I still made some changes based on how my family likes it. 
  • It just so happen that I have Hershey's dark chocolate bars in stock, I chopped it into small chunks and replaced the semi- sweet chocolate chips with it. 
  • I eliminated the walnuts because I don't want it to be too chunky. I mean, the oatmeal itself adds enough texture already.
  • Since I've run out of greaseproof paper, I buttered my cookie sheet. Butter is way better than any oil.
  • Instead of 12mins, I baked my cookies for 15 mins. I wanted it to be golden brown .
I'm happy how the cookies turned out. It's crunchy on the outside, but soft and chewy inside. The Hershey's chunks blended well with the oats. It's not too sweet. The size of the cookie is just right for a kid to finish it. My husband and our 2 boys love it. I even packed some for my dad because he loves oatmeal.

No comments: