Saturday, April 2, 2016

KitchenAid Heavy Duty Stand Mixer K5SS

When I started baking, I thought that it will just be an additional hobby, a past time. Since I love to cook, baking came with a breeze. I gotta say, quite an achievement for someone who did not study baking at all. But in everything that involves the kitchen, one must have a good equipment to aid you to be more efficient and to be able to get better results. I am already happy with my Homemaker Stand Mixer but at some point, knowing that I bake a lot, I don't want to over use my only and the very first mixer I have. Other than that, my husband offered that he'll help me start up a small business so I can share my creations. 

Share... sharing is a strong word. To be honest, everytime I would bake something, I always make a little more so that my husband can bring some for his co- workers. Not to sell but just to share, since their working hours are intense. In the end, those same people who had a piece of what I make later  encouraged us to sell the pastries so we earn something instead of giving it out.  So eventually I agreed and created a pastry that's not often sold in the market and it became a hit. From then on, and as we reached the Christmas Season, I decided to upgrade to a more suitable mixer in order to meet  demand and also preserve the old one.

What else will I get but a KitchenAid Mixer. The choice went around an Artisan and the Heavy Duty Stand Mixer K5SS mixer. I ended up with the Heavy Duty Stand Mixer K5SS mixer (at 33kphp) because of its functions and simply because it is in the Professional Heavy Duty Series, a more powerful batch more than the Artisan and Classic KitchenAid mixers. So if you're in search of a good mixer that's not too expensive yet, powerful, this is the one.

The set includes:
Powerknead™ Spiral Dough Hook, Flat Beater, and
Stainless Steel Wire Whip
5-Qt.
Actually I was torn between the Artisan and the Heavy Duty. I like the Artisan because of its color choices and it comes with a pouring shield. But I don't really need those. It's really all about the bang for the buck thing. As expected a freebie came with my purchase. I guess it was meant to be because I got the best deal. I got a free KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker worth 8Kphp! 
I'll post about it soon!

It's about time that I made this upgrade. Whether my humble business will be a success or not, this mixer will make people happy through my pastries given or bought from us. I don't spend so much on my personal needs, but for every gift I give myself, there will surely be a story behind it and why it's worth it.

No comments: