Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mochiko

MOCHI: is a Japanese confection made of glutinous rice flour. It is usually filled with a sweet center such as anko or red bean paste and eaten as a snack.
Here in the Philippines we have an ice cream filled Mochi. Sold for ₱70 each and it comes in extraordinary delights: Green Tea (my favorite), Red Bean, and Black Sesame. Regular flavors are also available: Mango, Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry and Caramel.
Mochiko was my first food discovery for 2011. It just so happen that my family was spending the weekend in Tagaytay City, and we decided to spend our afternoon at the Cliff House which reminds me of some apartments in london I saw online. Mochiko was an ultimate find for me. First time to have seen this ice cream shop, first time to taste it and I fell in love with it in an instant. I just love the texture of the glutinous rice mixing with the cold, flavorful ice cream. So yummy! I immediately looked for branches that can be found in Manila, but unfortunately it is still in the process of expanding. As of the moment, Mochiko is available at The Cliff House Tagaytay City (main), FIC Summer Cafe Alabang Town Center, Boracay, BF Paranque and Marquee Mall Angeles City.
At Mercato Centrale, Mochiko was one of the main purpose of my family's visit. I was able to introduce it to some of my friends too.

2 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

agree, this is yummy!

Jaya said...

I want one! No, wait, I want THREE, hah!