Monday, March 30, 2009

Fresh Basil And Mozzarella

We all know how hard it is to find gourmet ingredients here in the Philippines. I have my sources and I don't mind spending a little for those herbs and cheeses just to be able to get that Italian taste. I'm built for this!

One person I love is Rachael Ray. She makes easy Italian dishes. I jot down notes everytime I watch her shows. I also have her cookbooks and just recently my sister-in-law got me the latest issue of her magazine. I didn't know she has one.

-photo-

Another show I love watching is Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis she also makes Italian cooking so yummy.

I made this easy salad dish that goes with everything. Tomato and Mozzarella Salad.

It's Tomatoes, Mozzarella slices and Fresh Basil drizzled with olive oil and a hint of salt and pepper.

What I did? I sandwhiched a Mozzarella slice and a basil leaf between 2 slices of tomatoes. You can also add onions for a little kick.

For dinner, I made another batch to match my Pasta with Pesto... yummy! and healthy too...and while making this blog, Wolfgang Puck is on...after his show, Everyday Italian is next.

3 comments:

liza said...

I like both for their easy recipes. :)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

i love Rachel Ray too,I always try her recipe and husbands alwys approved it!Minsan nga may niluto ako from her show, a week after, ni request ulet ni husband, kaso nakalimutan ko na. :)

cpsanti said...

love this! i usuaaly make mine on toast for a bit of texture, then i drizzle it with balsamic and olive oil. yummers! ;-) nice ideas you have here!