Monday, March 23, 2009

Fresh Pasta!

I spent my sunday making fresh pasta. It took us about 2 hours to finish a 700g recipe. Best if made early in the morning or late at night. Not unless you have plans for your own use.
I had a recipe kept way back from my kitchen folders in college. I had second thoughts if I will use the old recipe, or if I will go back to the good 'ol Professional Cooking Book. By the way, you can also scout for easy pasta dough recipe over the net.
It was an enjoyable experience. We played with the flour a bit. And took turns on kneading the dough.

It was a very easy while making the dough. But it went pretty hard as we moved on making the pasta itself. Continuous rolling and inserting was required, until we finally got the right texture.
Over-all, it was a giant success! The texture of the pasta was perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So freaking messy, but so freaking delicious.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun and delicious too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I haven't made fresh pasta in years. This is great! And, I grabbed your badge :)