Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sisig

Our weekend comfort food--- SISIG! I had another bonding moment with my husband. Decided to prepare sisig for a change. We seldom engross ourselves to this mouth-watering and tempting Filipino dish, considering that it is high on cholesterol. Trying it once in awhile, is good. Best with both ice cold beer and hard.
Made from parts of pig’s head, liver and usually seasoned with kalamansi and chili peppers. The dish is served almost in every Filipino restaurant.
Sisig queen

Lucia Cunanan of Angeles City has been credited with inventing sisig. The Philippine Department of Tourism has acknowledged that her Aling Lucing's restaurant had established Angeles City as the "Sisig Capital of the Philippines" in 1974.Cunanan's trademark sisig was developed in mid 1974 when she served a unique blend or concoction of boiled and chopped pig ears and cheeks seasoned with vinegar, calamansi juice, chopped onions and chicken liver and served in sizzling plates. Today, varieties include sisig ala pizzailo, pork combination, green mussels or tahong, mixed seafood, ostrich sisig, spicy python, frog sisig and tokwa't baboy, among others.-source-

6 comments:

Lulu said...

i love sisig mami enchie

Tetcha said...

My husband and I love sisig, too. Yummy!

ruthi said...

OMG... this is one of the things I miss about home. I wonder if I could get the recipe for this?

Clarissa said...

Oh my sisig!!Kahit na di pa ako nakatikim nyan,I'm sure na perfect yan for my beer as pulutan!!\(^0^)/

Kerslyn said...

one of my husband's all-time fave at minsan nahahawa na rin ako. he had that the other night actually.

Happy weekend Mommy Ench.

Chibog in Chief said...

oh i miss eating this :-) yum