Friday, October 30, 2009

Food Trip Friday--- Tinapang Galunggong


Between the 3 of us in the family, I'm the only one who enjoys eating Tinapa or any dried fish. Come to think of it, I'm allergic to any of its kind. Any dried fish. I get itches on my neck. But what the heck! It's really good, especially with chopped tomatoes and onions, or some vinegar with minced garlic. Yum!
Tinapa is called Smoked Fish in English. It is a process in which fishes are preserved through the process of smoking. It can be done with any fish of your choice. But we prefer Milkfish the most.

8 comments:

Jac said...

This is yummy Enchie can you send it for me lol....I love smoked fish =)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh no, miss ko na yan Mommy Enchie, patikim naman..

Want a piece of Spare Ribs? Come and join us for a feast.

Unknown said...

this is great for breakfast, with matching black coffee and garlic fried rice! galit-galit na!:p

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love love love tinapa!! nice entry..

Arlene said...

congrats, Enchie for winning the first prize at the contest.

tinapa? the last one i had was in 1999 pa siguro when i was still staying in Pampanga. we don't have smoke fish in this part ofthe country eh.

another thing to note: tinapa sa amin ay sardinas. kaya one time someone asked me what i want for lunch i said tinapa and he bought me that kind of fish. hehehehe

happy weekend!

Lulu said...

i so missssss this!!!!

FoodTripFriday said...

ay naaliw ako sa kwento ni Arlene, :D
Dito walang tinapang GG, pero meron bangus, favorite ko pinapartneran ng steam spinach.

FoodTripFriday said...

ay naaliw ako sa kwento ni Arlene, :D
Dito walang tinapang GG, pero meron bangus, favorite ko pinapartneran ng steam spinach.