Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rocket Salad

Arugala has been part of my salad bowl since late 2009. I was looking on salad greens in the grocery store, and at the same time my palette was also looking for something new. I got attracted to the name itself. That's when I discovered it. It became my favorite since then.
I always serve it with some homemade honey- mustard.
enchie’s kitchen
Arugula is mainly used as a salad green. It has an spicy and peppery flavor.  It is an annual herb, grown for its mustard-like leaves. Use it to add a little kick to salads and other dishes. Also known as 'the rocket' (Italian Cress). A leafy green herb of the mustard family. 
Arugula is very low in calories and is a good source of vitamins A and C, folate, calcium, and magnesium. Can be eaten raw or cooked. It is excellent when added to pasta dishes or accompaniment to roasted or grilled meats.- source-

3 comments:

nuts said...

oh, might try this salad sometime..

Enchie said...

@ nuts you must try it, its good!

Clarissa said...

Mahilig din kami sa green leafy veggies--masarap din yan if you topped it with prosciutto tapos with marine' salad dressing.