Friday, December 17, 2010

FTF: A Taste of KFC's Double Down Chicken Sandwich



Please be advised that: The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blogger's own.

I actually made my first purchase of this sandwich phenomenon the was day before we left for our vacation. Since everytime we visit a KFC store at night or middle in the afternoon, by that time, they're out of stock or it's sold out. For brunch after taking my son to school, I decided to make a quick drive to the nearest KFC and lucky enough, I was able to buy not only 1 but 3 Double Down Chicken Sandwiches, and it's their last 3 sandwiches at 10:20 in the morning.
₱100 ala carte, ₱135 with a regular drink and a fixin
It was just "okay" when I thought it would exactly taste like the one I imagined. A sandwich, only it's chicken. But it was too salty for me. It would have been better if they added some greens to balance the mix of flavors. In a real sandwich, the buns or the bread itself brings balance to the whole meal. So if you're going to eat pure protein, might as well add something like lettuce or tomatoes to kill the "suya factor" or lessen the salt of the chicken considering that there's bacon included. Everything here is based on my personal point of view as a consumer. Over-all, it's not as bad, you know why? because my husband is the #1 fan of KFC's Double Down Chicken Sandwich. When it comes to KFC,  it's always Double Down for him. I have 3 Double Downs in the first picture above, 2 of those are his.
Food Trip Friday

10 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

magkakasundo kami ng hubby mo..Type ko rin sya...

♥peachkins♥ said...

P.S. both my sister and cousin Rome thought it's super salty. Siguro kaya ko nagustuhan kasi hindi ko kinain per bite, hinimay-himay ko sya.

Unknown said...

i haven't tried this one yet. will probably try one when I go out with my nephew this weekend--he loves KFC.:p

Jenn said...

KFC, I always go for their hot and crispy because the original recipe is salty for me. I still haven't tasted the double down, but I do love KFC. Maybe next week, I will try it.

By the way, I love your photos - so vivid and sharp!

my Food Trip Friday post

Happy weekends!

gengen said...

Like that hmm forgot when was the last time i eat that. Happy FTF!

Marana said...

, favorite place to eat, KFC, i love the choco mousse

Noobfoodie

i♥pinkc00kies said...

my sis tried this twice already. it was oily!! the 1st one she paired with fries but she said, nakakasawa daw. the 2nd time naman w/ rice, she ate half lang muna... mas umay factor pa rin but not as much as when you pair it w/ fries.

i'll just go for 1-pc. OR nalang :)

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Finally! you got hold of your KFC's Double Down Chicken, too bad they don't have it here.

elpi said...

ang sarap naman nito

Square Dining Tables Gal said...

Cradled in your hand, it seems a rather paltry thing; indeed, the entire sandwich in its tiny paper chemise can barely fill the small cardboard hamburger box it comes in. The sandwich by itself is so filling, you won't need any sides.