Friday, March 11, 2011

Baked Penne Carbonara


 Ingredients:
  • 1/2 K lean ground pork
  • 250g sweet ham (minced)
  • 250g bacon (minced)
  • 1 can button mushrooms (chopped)
  • 2 whole garlic (minced)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 500g  Penne
  • 1 cup all purpose cream
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  •  salt and ground pepper
Instead of the traditional egg sauce, I combined some cream and Bechamel sauce.
Bechamel Sauce:
  • 2 cups fresh milk
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp flour
 How To:
  • Boil Penne al dente, set aside.
  • In a sauce pan, saute half of minced garlic, ground pork, half of minced ham, half of minced bacon and half of chopped mushrooms until light brown.
  • Add all- purpose cream, Parmesan cheese and dried basil.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Add cooked Penne and mix everything until pasta is covered with sauce.
  • Set in a baking dish.
Bechamel Sauce:
In a sauce pan, mix 2 cups fresh milk, 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour. Mix until flour is dissolved then bring to boil.
  • Pour on prepared pasta.
  • Top with remaining minced garlic, ham, bacon and mushrooms.
  • Bake for 15- 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Quite a Friday. I was enjoying this pasta early this afternoon when I found out that a great earthquake struck Japan. Of course, it was a devastating scene, especially knowing that here in the Philippines, it's been said that we're also expecting something similar. Had to stop with what I'm doing and it took me the whole afternoon to absorb the things that's been happening. Videos online, on television and even via Facebook. I pray for a quick recovery and even more prayers to those who are still badly affected and traumatized with the turn of events.

6 comments:

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Thanks for sharing another easy-breezy recipe. I will certainly try this one of this days.
**
I avoid watching any videos about the news because it will certainly break my heart and will make me cry.
We have Food Trippers in Japan and only Mommy Clang that we haven't heard of yet. I hope she and the whole family is safe.

darly said...

will try this easy recipe out, thanks for the share

Happy foodtripping, hope you check out my entry too
I Love Darly!

Cielo said...

Visiting here from FTF #36...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, we are all pasta lovers in the family.

Nadaan, nakibasa at natakam
====
Brown Pinay
My Point of View
GCircles
PartyPreppies

Under My Fingertips said...

I'd eat with beef instead. :)

FTF #21.

Cheerful said...

looks really delicious...i love to try this. thanks for sharing your recipe! :)

PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...

pilar/wanie said...

Hi Enchie! Will definitely try this out...have been on the look-out for an easy, fuss-free carbonara recipe. :)