Thursday, March 24, 2011

FTF: Charlie's Fish & Chips


A fishy idea for the Lenten Season.

It's one of those days when I wasn't in the mood to cook. We all get into that situation right? So my husband and I decided to make a quick drive over at Charlie's Grind and Grill. 

Charlie's is in our top 5 list of favorites. The original restaurant is located in Kapitolyo, Pasig. Before, we would drive all the way  from Quezon, City to Pasig  just to get a taste of Charlie's best dishes. But now, it's easier because there's one near our place. Right along Ortigas Avenue before you hit the main intersection of Santolan, SanJuan, and this road going to E. Rodriguez.  We discovered the new location last year. We  often take Ortigas Avenue going to E. Rodriguez coming from Greenhills.
Landmark: Petron Station
My order for the night was Fish and Chips then I loaded up on jalapeños.  Yeah, that's where I get my pickled jalapeños. Well, at least until I can find some fresh jalapeños so I can make my own.

8 comments:

lyzacruz88 said...

you're right! very ideal for the Lenten Season :)

here's mine http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/03/shakeys-late-night.html

Cheerful said...

looks really delicious...jalapenos will goes to hubby, hehehe! PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...wishing you a great weekend!

Unknown said...

i've never been to Charlie's. i posted something fishy, too.:p

Marana said...

love this one especially the chips

btw, please vote for Noobfoodie under Blog category and our Mike Mamaril the Site developer/designer of Noobfoodie under Personal category
Cast your vote at PhilWebAwards. thank you

Noobfoodie

Jac said...

Nice to be back here Ench! how are you na? Your FTF looks inviting perfect food for the Lenten season...Happy weekend :)

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

"not in the mood to cook" is a regular thing for me and chinese resto always comes to the rescue.
I love your fish,it look so crunchy!!!

domestic {cherry} said...

didn't know they serve this with jalapeno. we had this last week and they only gave us the dressing.

here's my entry:

http://www.domestic-cherry.com/2011/03/maginhawa-strip-carbo-loading-at-ted-ps/

And while you're there, you might want to join my March Bag Giveaway too...=)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I better cook up some veggies and fish! Is chicken allowed? Other people say it is, other say it's not...
Much Love,
Pearl
Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews