Friday, June 17, 2011

FTF: Menudo Extravaganza

FTFBadge

To start, I would like to apologize if I wasn't able to return comments from last week's FTF. It's been a busy week since my son started his regular classes 2 weeks ago. There's been a lot of changes in terms of schedule and of course, personally, I'm on my first trimester and it's been pretty hectic for me too. I really appreciate the visits, and hoepefully I can visit you back as soon as possible.

For my FTF entry this week, I prepared a favorite dish of mine. MENUDO. The real menudo that I truly adore is the Menudo of my grandmother. There's something about her Menudo that no other menudo dish can top it (well, that's for me, because I am her #1 fan in the kitchen).
Menudo is originally a Mexican dish. Through the years, we Filipinos were able to concoct something to make it our own. If you're going to do some research, Filipino Menudo is far different from the rest. We love serving it with hot rice and is consider as a main dish in parties and gatherings. For the recipe, please click on this link: Menudo Recipe.

9 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Bigla akong nagutom hehehe, sarap naman nyan.

Spice Up Your Life

Clarissa said...

Ang sarap talaga pag marami kayong cook in the family and I believe lahat kayo is a great cook!Menudo is also a favorite of mine although I don't cook menudo here,sa madir ko lang ako nakakatikim ng menudo. Yours looks delish!

Enjoy your weekend,Mommy Enchie and Happy Father's Day to your husband!

Newlyweds said...

talagang extravaganza yan! kagutom, rice please

Newlyweds said...

talagang extravaganza yan, rice please..

cheerful said...

we love menudo and yours looks really delicious. enjoy each day and wishing you a great weekend. :)

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

This one sure is special Menudo bec it was cooked from scratch.

Tetcha said...

We love menudo, too, and this one looks really yummy! Happy FTF! Here's my entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/06/food-trip-friday-krazy-garlik/

Luna Miranda said...

i haven't tasted a perfect menudo yet.:p yours look delectable.

Late Bloomer Blog said...

Yummy! Nice photo capture you have there. My favorite menudo is made by my dad. He doesn't have his own recipe, tantya-tantya lang daw pero it's so good.

Visiting via Food Trip Friday. Hope you can visit my entry Little Korean