Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tilapia Fillet in Sarciado Sauce

Sarciado is a fish dish. We fry the fish first, set it aside and then we saute a large amount of chopped red tomatoes mixed with garlic and onions then topped or mixed with the fried fish. I like it with egg too. Sarciado is one of my favorite fish recipe because of the mix of fresh ingredients: roasted garlic, half-cooked onions and red tomatoes. I grew up with this dish being served at our dinner at all times. It's easy to prepare, easy to cook and it's healthy.
Ingredients:

  • 2-3pcs. Tilapia Fillet (or any fish fillet of your choice)
  • 4 fresh red tomatoes (chopped with seeds)
  • 1 medium red onion (chopped)
  • 5 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • salt and ground pepper
How To:
  • Season fresh fish fillet with salt and pepper.
  • Dip seasoned fish fillets in beaten egg.
  • In a frying pan, heat up oil.
  • Fry fish until golden brown. Set aside.
  • In a separate pan, saute garlic until light brown.
  • Add chopped onions and tomatoes. Stir for a few seconds.
  • Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for about a minute.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Top Sarciado sauce on the fish or set the fried fish in the pan with the sauce.
Servings: 3-4
*You can also add cheese on top then bake it! :)

0o0o
The title for this post was suppose to be "Tilapia Sarciado" but as I was reading through for editing, this post made me feel that there's something wrong or weird with the title. Since I used Tilapia fillet and knowing that fish fillets can go with any desirable sauce I decided to alter the title and change it to "Tilapia Fillet in Sarciado Sauce.

5 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

nice idea for tilapia :D we always have it just deep fried until crispy.

peachkins said...

I miss eating Tilapia.. sige nga makapag-Tilapia this week...

Medifast Diet said...

And here I was just going to have just plain old fish. Thanks for today's recipe and can't wait to surprise my husband who is expecting my plain old fish creation.

irjkz said...

Hey, thank you

DeathAngel said...

hey i am new to blogging and came across your blog if you follow my blog ill follow yours
http://bluemoons519.blogspot.com/