Monday, February 27, 2012

Fresh Basil Pesto

Before, I always end up buying processed pesto mix in the supermarket. I say it's processed because if you're going to check the container, stuff are added to preserve the product. As much as  possible I try to go for fresh ingredients when it comes to gourmet cooking. My pesto is composed of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Cashew Nuts and fresh sweet Basil leaves. I add parmesan  later on when mixing the pesto with the pasta.

 
It's not hard to make pesto. 
Cashew is a good alternative for Pine nuts and Walnuts because of it's unique flavor.
In terms of equipment, a food processor will accomodate your grinding needs, but if there's none, an ordinary blender will do.
Ingredients:
  • 2 bowls of fresh sweet basil
  • 1 1/2 -2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
  • 10 cloves garlic (peeled)
  • 1 1/2 cups Cashew nuts
*make necessary adjustments according to your preference


 How To: Grind everything in a food processor.
 One of my pasta dishes: Chicken Pesto

1 comment: