Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beef Knuckles With Adobo Sauce and Coconut Milk

Source: F&B World Make A Living With Food
Recipe by: Chef Noel Logdat 

I've been out of the Food and Beverage World since I got married. In college, I saw myself in this industry thriving. Though I wasn't able to reach that goal or let's say that point in my life. At home, I still feed my mind and eyes with the latest from the Food and Beverage industry. Especially when it comes to getting tips on running my own food business. I was browsing through an old issue of  F&B World magazine when I came across this extraordinary beef recipe: Beef Knuckles With Adobo Sauce and Coconut Milk. I thought of adding this dish to our Mother's Day menu.

Original Recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 1.2 kg beef knuckles 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 200g garlic, minced
  • 30g onions, chopped
  • 1 3/4 cups vinegar
  • 2 cups soy sauce
  • 5 pcs. bay leaves
  • 100ml coconut milk
  • 100g sugar
  • 1 pc. egg, boiled 

Procedure:
  • Season beef with salt and pepper and sear both sides.
  • In a casserole, saute garlic and onions.
  • Add vinegar, soy sauce and bay leaves
  • Bring to boil.
  • Add beef knuckles. Cover with aluminum foil and place in an oven with a temperature of 160°C for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
  • Add coconut milk, seasoning and sugar.
  • To serve, add boiled eggs and papaya relish on the side.
Adjustments made: 

Obviously my version didn't turn out exactly like the original finished product of Chef Noel Logdat. Few adjustments were made according to our family's preference.

1. Beef knuckles were boiled to goodness until tender.
2. No sugar was added.
3. Green vegetables was considered to make it more enticing. We used asparagus.
4. Added a little "sabaw" or soup for the kids.

The mixture of coconut milk with the adobo sauce was out of this world. This is a very good beef recipe. I suggest you try it yourself and serve something unique to your guests. It doesn't end here because I want to achieve something with the original recipe.

Thank you Chef Noel Logdat and the F&B World Magazine for sharing one of a kind dishes like this.

No comments: