Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gambas Al Ajillo

Anything with shrimps makes an unknown dish or the farthest delicacy my favorite. One of the most delicious shrimp recipe I've tried was Gambas Al Ajillo. I like ordering it to match my cold beer, but I never really tried to cook it until yesterday. My dad delivered some shrimps, I divided them for 2 purposes: Shrimp Sinigang and finally, Gambas Al Ajillo

Please take note that what I'm about to share is not the traditional recipe for Gambas Al Ajillo. It's my version, an easier take on this particular dish .

Al Ajillo means: Seasoned with garlic (Spanish- English Translation)
Servings: 2
Ingredients:
  • 10 pieces shrimps or prawns (peeled and deveined)
  • 1 whole garlic (minced)
  • 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
  • 1/2 tsp of chili- garlic sauce
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
How To:
  • In a pan, heat olive oil in low fire.
  • Add butter and garlic and stir until garlic light brown.
  • Add ginger and chili-garlic sauce.
  • Stir until everything is mixed evenly.
  • Plate once shrimps are all cooked.

Tip: To avoid burning the butter, add a little oil.

Enjoy!

No comments: