Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Herbed Chicken Breasts with Eggplant Ensalada

It's been a long time since I posted a recipe. For the past months, I have been concocting recipes and I've also been gathering information for my "future" food business. As much s I want to share everything, the rule of the business world dictates to keep my essentials a secret. But no worries... here's one I'm very open to share. It's healthy and it is easy to prepare.
Chicken breast has always been my favorite part when it comes to chicken dishes. It's meaty, easy to cook, of course it's a bit bland compare to the thigh, leg and wing parts, but chicken breasts are said to be the healthiest.
Servings: 4
Ingredients:
  • 4 pieces chicken breast fillet
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 whole garlic (minced)
  • 1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme
  • 1/2 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
  • 1 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
When it comes to herbs, there's no need to worry. You don't have to go fresh all the time, especially here in the Philippines. If I run out of fresh herbs, I turn to dry herbs which is available in all supermarkets. I also suggest tarragon and oregano for this recipe.
Tip#1 Where to buy fresh herbs: S&R, Shopwise, Unimart. Everytime you go out of town, especially somewhere in Laguna and Tagaytay look for herb farms. GOURMET along Aguinaldo Hi-way Tagaytay City.  You can practically ask anyone within town  for others.

How To:
  • Mix all the ingredients including the chicken breasts in  bowl.
  • Cover and set marination for t least 30 minutes.
  • In a dry frying pan, low heat, fry chicken. 1 or 2 chicken at a time. Flip each side every 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Add oil for frying if necessary.
Right now, I'm cutting on rice. I like to match my chicken breasts with my version of Eggplant Ensalada and some fruits on the side. If you're the person on a diet or who is not into rice, or just like me cutting on rice...

Tip#2 Fresh fruits such as apple slices, pears, grapes, watermelon, cantloupe or mandarins can make your dining experience enjoyable with the different mixture of flavors and texture of food.

Enjoy!

No comments: