Monday, February 3, 2014

Sweet Delights I Love To Make

I said goodbye to 2013 and welcomed 2014 with some sweet treats. Since I got the baking materials my parents gifted me with for my birthday, my kitchen's been very busy. Thank God for the line of occasions including the Holiday Season, I was able to use those to practice my baking skills. For Christmas, I made some chocolate and red velvet cupcakes with butter cream and cream cheese frosting. Well, my mom requested it to add as desserts. Before Christmas, I made more cupcakes for my little boy's Christmas party.
The only problem I encountered with these cuppies was the frosting. I wasn't able to buy the pastry tip I've always wanted. I've been a frequent visitor of a known pastry shop near our place, it's just that most of their customers were also looking for the very same tips I needed. Anyway, I settled for what I had at hand. So far, the frosting for the chocolate cuppies went okay, but the cream cheese topping for my red velvet looked terrible. Feels like I'm not totally connected while doing the frosting since I know I'm not using the right tip.
Aside from cupcakes, I was also into making chocolate crinkles and fudge brownies. 2 pastries that my kids love. And recently... Cheesecakes!

I've always wanted to learn how to make this rich and yummy cake. I'm proud to say that I was very successful on my first try using easy techniques. It's not as perfect, but as soon as I got a slice... ooohhh, mouth-watering! And yes, I also made one for my husband's birthday... I'll post about it soon...

No comments: