Friday, February 14, 2014

I Baked His Cake For His Birthday

It was my first time to actually bake for someone's birthday. I started making cheesecakes mid- January of 2014. I was really planning to come up with something personal for my husband's birthday to make it extra special. Thanks to my sister who gifted me with a baking book for Christmas, because that's where I found an easy, delicious cheesecake recipe. 

2 weeks before my husband's birthday celebration, I tried my first New York Style Cheesecake. Thought I start practising something new. My first cheesecake turned out great. I was confident that I'll be able to come up with my husband's cake in time for his birthday.
Here it is: Plain new York Style Cheesecake with 3 toppings to choose from. Fresh strawberries, blueberries and strawberry preserves. My husband liked the idea that he gets to choose/ "dress up" his own cheesecake.
As usual, the little ones couldn't take their hands off the cake. It's different and luscious to eat flavors of sorts to match the cheesecake, I love it plain as well.

 I wasn't able to hand him his birthday present the day of his birthday. The gift came in late because I have to order it thru my mom-in-law. It's an iRig PRO. It matches all the apple gadgets he has for his compositions and for creating music. It's goes along well with the essential Apple apps which was made possible by the ipod, ipad and iphone software development company. These geniuses, they just know how to come up with an answer to everybody's needs when it comes to modern technology.

As for me, I'm happy to see the face of my husband radiating with happiness as he blew his birthday candle from the cake I made.

1 comment:

Kriska Marie said...

Your cheesecake looks so yummy! It was also a nice idea to have different toppings to choose from. Happy birthday to your husband! :)

kriskamarie.com