Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dakasi Makes Us Happy!

It was my husband who introduced me to Dakasi. We both love cold drinks, especially milk teas. When Dakasi Dela Rosa in Makati opened, my husband was one of their first customers and still a frequent visitor.

On a personal note, I'm not into drinks that are fully made of artificial flavorings. When it comes to milk teas, I choose the ones that are rich and as much as possible, made of real ingredients. I have  few on my list and I've included Dakasi immediately first time I tried it. As a matter of fact, it took the top spot.
My family loves Dakasi
It's such a wonderful thing that most branches of Dakasi are within Quezon City. The main store of Dakasi is situated across Edsa- Cubao, minutes away from my home. 

Dakasi offers a wide range of hot and cold drinks. Each comes in regular (80-90php) and large (100-120php) sizes. 

Choices are categorized as follows:

COLD Drinks:                                            HOT Drinks:

Special Milk Tea                                          Hot Tea  (Kumquat, Plum Green tea, Ginger milk tea etc.)
Specialty Drinks                                           Creamy Milk Drinks
Matcha Tea                                                   Some Special Milk Teas                                           
Iced Tea                                                        Matcha Tea                                                  
Iced drinks                                                    Some Specialty Drinks                                                 
Fresh Tea                                                     
Fruity Yogurt Drinks
Smoothies
Yakult Tea

They also have add- ons to choose from: Pearls, red beans, grass jelly, coconut jelly and pudding.

Our favorite drinks goes around Jasmine Milktea, Oreo, Rich Chocolate, Honeydew, Creme Chocolate, Coconut, Almond and their house specialty Okinawa. Most of the time, our orders does not contain sugar at all so we get to taste the real flavor or mixed flavors of the drink. I add pearls for some texture. I like Dakasi's tapioca because it's not droopy or over- cooked, it's not mixed with sugar and the size is just right: not too big, not too small. 
The packaging is very appealing too. For take-out orders, they have their own yellow Dakasi Eco-friendly bag. But if I can hand-carry my orders, I opt not to even have our drinks bagged for cost saving purposes.
Dakasi in the morning
Dakasi at night
Any cold drink is perfect for summer. But please take note, especially those that are milk- based, the warm weather will spoil it easily. For every order you make, it's best to consume your drink within or less than 30 minutes.

Our favorites doesn't only go around our drinks, we have our favorite Dakasi branches as well.

1. Dakasi Annapolis Carpark, Greenhills
2. Dakasi Dela Rosa, Makati
3. Dakasi Harbor Point Mall, Subic

We're well- known in these branches, especially at Dakasi Annapolis Carpark in Greenhills. Once we're in the area, we pay this store a visit at least twice in a day. My night visit to the store is my favorite. I get to see the crew of Dakasi all- smiling and glowing as I walk back in the store again.

Dakasi Dela Rosa is my husband's choice because it's near his office and that made him a regular. They already know what to give him, how he likes his drink (no sugar, less ice). Everytime my husband needs to report to work on a weekend, I go with him and I wait in Dakasi. I like Dakasi Dela Rosa because their dining area is big, cozy and they have wi-fi.
Dakasi Jasmine Milktea perfect match for my Dakasi Nacho Chinito

We visited Dakasi Harbor Point Mall in Subic recently and surely, we became comfortable with the crew as well.  Subic and the Harbor Point Mall being one of our favorite destinations, finding out that there's a Dakasi in Subic got us very excited and made us feel that we never left home. They even gave us Dakasi stickers.
"Some" Dakasi stores sell Nacho Chinito (120php). It is nachos topped with a special mixture of cheese, ground beef and jalapeno. It's very good. One of the best nachos I've tasted so far.  Dakasi is "the drink" to start - end your day right, satisfying and happy.

No comments: