Monday, May 5, 2014

The Perfect Sunny Side Up Egg

I learned to make the "perfect" sunny side up egg from an episode of Kris TV last week. Actually, I kinda missed half of the episode already when I turned on my kitchen t.v. But to my luck, I was just in time when Kris Aquino was about to share her secret in cooking the perfect sunny side up egg. While watching, I was preparing breakfast at the same time. 

Perfect sunny side up eggs, coming up!
Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 4 tsp butter (measuring spoon) (divide for 2 sets of eggs)
  • 2 tsp cooking oil (measuring spoon) (divide for 2 sets of eggs)
  • salt and pepper

Kitchen tools:
  • Non-stick pan with cover
  • Spatula
  • Soup bowl
Procedures:
  • Crack and carefully set 2 large eggs in a bowl.
  • Heat non-stick pan in low heat, then add 1 tsp cooking oil.
  • Add 2 tsp butter, melt butter.
  • Slowly, let the prepared eggs in a bowl slip in the pan.
  • Cover and cook in low heat for about a minute.
  • Remove cover add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Cover again for about 20- 30 seconds. It will depend on how you like your eggs (dry or a bit runny).
  • Same procedure follows with the next set of eggs.
Tips:

My husband and I like our sunny side up eggs dry, so I cooked ours a little longer than the original time setting. Aside from that, I also added a little of the mixed herbs I have and just a tiny pinch of salt to taste.

For years now, I've been trying to cook that perfect sunny side up egg from my kitchen. We all do! I mean, we all want "that perfect" sunny side up egg in the morning right? Not only it's good for breakfast, but it can match other dishes like Arroz a la Cubana or a filling for our favorite sandwich. I've tried egg molders, non-stick pans of sorts but I never got results that are as perfect as to what I've achieved recently. 

It was fast and easy. Not much oil was used, it took about a minute and 30 and the eggs are done! No flipping of  hot oil over the eggs, it didn't stick, no burnt part, the egg yolks were intact, it was deliciously perfect.

No comments: