Monday, May 19, 2014

Saturday Nights at T.G.I. Friday's

Here we go again. A night for the moms and dads to hangout, unwind and drink some beer! We kinda took a break from our usual Saturdays at T.G.I.Fridays since April with the Holy Week and one of our drinking buddies who was away for a short vacation in America. But once he arrived from the States, we made sure to continue our Saturday nights at T.G.I. Fridays Highstreet.

We left the kids at their cousin's condo with the helpers who were very nice and patient. It was relieving to know that my children are safe with people whom we trust. With that, I was able to spend my Saturday night worry- free, relaxed, we took our time and I was able to enjoy my cold beer on tap at T.G.I. Friday's.
We chose T.G.I. Friday's for a drink because they have a cool atmosphere. The ambiance felt so homey and the crew's very nice. There were times when the bar was always full and we have no choice but to stay at the dining area with families enjoying their meal. Then again, the people who goes there don't really mind if they see individuals like us with huge mugs. We just spend the whole evening talking while we sip our beer and munch on some more goodies from T.G.I. Friday's.
From our recent Saturday night out, I was able to break my record. From 1 liter mug, I finished 2.5L this time around. Usually, I take 3-4 bottles at the most and that's my limit just to be on the safe side. If I go beyond that... I guess it is not going to be a good sight.

But... for some reason I survived with 2.5 L. I need to be honest, yes, I did get tipsy, but not totally drunk. I mean, we still need to pick- up our kids before going home. My husband broke his record as well, he finished 4L. In situations like these, you just gotta know your limit so you won't get into trouble and of course, to enjoy another round at the end of another productive week.

To match our beer, most of the time, we order Nachos on the side. The Nachos at T.G.I.Friday's is one of the best set I've ever tasted. It never fails... It's perfect!

When I was about to finish my last liter, I came to a point when I craved for something sweet. The Brownie Obssession of T.G.I.Friday's was the answer to my confusing state of matching my beer with anything sweet. It was really good by the way. 2 layers of rich chocolate brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel... What a way to end an amazing night.
For us, this is a good way to unwind. To spend it with the people we love to hangout with, choose a cozy place with great beer and food selection. After that, it feels like we've refueled our system and we're ready again to face a week of surprises.

No comments: