Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Easy Chicken Nuggets

It all started with a simple craving. I just wanted chicken nuggets while watching television. Unfortunately, we've run out. All I have in my freezer was a pack of chicken breast fillet. So I went online and checked for possible recipes. In most recipes I found, they use ground chicken and then, they bind it with egg, seasoning and coat it with flour/ bread crumbs. 

To make things easier, I decided to cut the chicken breast into bite-size instead. For me, the advantage of  using ground chicken is that you're able to turn your nuggets into different shapes and sizes and it cooks fast.

If you don't have the time to go through the process like grind the chicken or maybe go shop for ground chicken, this easy recipe can help you out.
Ingredients:
  • 4 pcs. chicken breast fillet (cut into bite- size)
  • 1 cup canola oil for deep- frying
  • 1  large egg (beaten and seasoned with salt and ground pepper)
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup All- purpose flour
  • 1/4-  1/2 cup bread crumbs/ Parmesan cheese ( I used Parmesan cheese)
Procedure:
  • Heat canola oil.
  • Dip bite- size chicken in egg.
  • Coat it with all- purpose flour.
  • Dip it again in egg.
  • Then coat it with bread crumbs or grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Deep fry until golden brown.
  • Repeat step by step procedure for each bite-size chicken.
Parmesan cheese is just optional., but it makes the nuggets extra delish!
Aside from barbecue sauce, it also perfect with salsa, any mayo dressing, sweet and sour sauce and the list just goes on!

Enjoy!

No comments: