Monday, April 13, 2015

LeftOver Magic: Fettuccine with Clam Sauce

During the Holy Week, one of the dishes I prepared was clam soup. I bought 1 kilo of clams which I thought was just right for us, but apparently, 1 kilo was a lot. The following day, I didn't cook any other food but I did magic with what was left of the clams. Aside from the clams, I had leftover fettuccine noodles in the fridge waiting. A pantry stocked with cream and Parmesan cheese completed the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • Leftover clams (or any seafood)
  • 4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 medium white onion (chopped )
  • 200g cooked fettuccine or any pasta available
  • 1 cup all- purpose cream
  • 1 tsp dried basil or any herb or your choice fresh or dried
  • 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp granulated pepper
Note: Vegetables from the clam soup was included

Procedure:
  • In a pan, heat olive oil then saute garlic and onions.
  • Add clams then stir and simmer for a few seconds.
  • Add all- purpose cream and stir until well- blended.
  • In low heat, add pasta and mix everything together.
  • Add pepper and Parmesan cheese to taste.
Enjoy!

No comments: