Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chopsuey

Sorry for the delayed post. I got busy posting ads in my other site. And it's a bit stressful trying to grab opps. But I think it's worth it.
Hi MaryAnn!!! thanks for reminding me on posting another recipe. This dish was scheduled Monday Feb. 2 although I posted a dish before but it's a borrowed recipe so, not considered mine.
This particular ChopSuey recipe is definitely from my kitchen.
This dish was invented by our Chinese friends. And I would like to add that their dishes are of my favorite. Chopsuey consists of meats (often shrimp or pork), cooked quickly with vegetables. Such as, cabbage, string beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, chayote, and bound in a starch-thickened sauce.

What you will be needing:

note: The more veggies and ingedients, the merrier!

In this particualr dish, I made cauliflower as the main vegetable.
2 whole cauliflower chopped to desired size and shape
1 medium carrot
1 chayote
1/4 K string beans
1 medium onion chopped
5 cloves garlic minced
A handful of shrimps
A handful of squidballs sliced into 2

note: I like to be honest, I can't figure out how to measure the shrimp and squidballs, because I literally got them from the freezer with my bear hands.With mine, I used squid balls and shrimps to get a seafood flavor. And I'm not kidding about the flavor, I am a squidball person, so I used a lot in this recipe.

2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 Cup water
2 tbs cornstarch mixed in 1 Cup of water (separate from the first cup mentioned)
2 tbsp olove oil
salt and pepper

note: all veggies chopped to your desired size and shape

How To:

Saute garlic until light brown
Add onion,oyster sauce, shrimps and squidballs stir for a few seconds

Add carrots, chayote and string beans stir for another minute
Add 1 Cup Water and simmer until veggies are half cooked
Add cauliflower and simmer again until all are cooked.
Add cornstarch mixture
Salt and pepper to taste
Viola!
Servings: 4-5

Best served with hot rice. Yummy! Happy Eating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy and healthy!

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

finally! your new recipe is already out in the public, Lol! Will try this one. Thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

Wow! can i drop by and eat your yummy treat, mommy!!!!

nanaygin said...

i love chopsuey. I put liver and young corn in mine. :)