Friday, February 20, 2009

What's Cookin? Who's Cookin?

One of the greatest gift a Mother will cherish her whole life is to watch her child bloom into her likeness. A passion I enjoy right now is being the queen of my own kitchen. And the lovely part, I now share it with my young Prince. This entry was madeSeptember 25, 2008 in my other blog site. I now want to share this new exciting experience in my very own food site.

Since he was 2, Franky has been part of my kitchen. It may not look and sound safe but, yes, I carry him around with me while I cook our grub of the day. That's one Mommyism risk I took and with God's help I was able to keep him safe while I do my work.


Now, when he sees me get the ingredients from the pantry, he forgets all about playing and concentrates on what I am doing around the kitchen. During his 4th birthday, he was with me standing on his thinking chair watching me cook his birthday treat. I just love it when he shows interest in what his mom is up to. Every little kid has his own curiosity stage. I'm proud that my son's curiosity started in my own place of zen, the kitchen. At a young age of 4, Franky knows how to work around already.
He knows where to put the dirty dishes, he washes his hands just as instructed before handling food and he helps me set the table.
And he was at it again this evening. This time I have to take pictures.
Still part of the whole curiosity thing--- playing
while sauteeing the garlic
Helping me with the chayote
Part of our small chef's on parade, are some lessons from big momma. Like teaching him the kind of vegetables we're using.
Now for the recipe: Very easy.

All you'll be needing are the following:
2 Hearts Full of Love
2 Heaping Cups of Kindness
2 Armfuls of Gentleness
2 Cups of Friendship
2 Cups of Joy
2 Big Hearts Full of Forgiveness
1 Lifetime of Togetherness
2 Minds Full of Tenderness
Methods: Stir daily with Happiness, Humor and Patience.
Serve with Warmth and Compassion, Respect and Loyalty.
Recipe for Love:
Author: unknown @ scrapbook.com

3 comments:

GagayMD said...

whew! i like your recipe here mommy enchie!


great that franky is learning how to cook..hehe! baka maging chief yan paglaki te ench!heheh! mas masarap pa nmn magluto mga lalake kesa sa babae!heheh!

gagay

Enchie said...

I agree! he!he!

Umma said...

I love the fact that you are giving Frankie the chance to learn how to cook Mommy Ench.. I really like guys who knows the in and out of a kitchen.. bec you feel being pampered if a guy cooks for you di ba?