Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beef Steak

This is a borrowed recipe from Mr. Luv4fud from my grouprecipes circle. I was in search of an easy beef steak recipe when I landed on his site. This was posted in 2007. I just transferred it, considering that this site is going to be home for delights cooking from my kitchen and stuff.
I love eating this dish during breakfast with rice. Sorry the picture is blurry, I used a cheap camera :)
What You Will Be Needing:

2 Lbs. Round Roast (lean beef)
1 Large red onion
1 Cup of soy sauce
1 Cup of water
1 dozen calamansi (squeezed)
salt and pepper
Corn oil for frying

How To:

1.In a large bowl marinate beef in soy sauce, water, calamansi, and msg for an hour.

2.Heat frying pan and add 2 Tbs. of corn oil and fry meat in batches until they all have good sear marks on both sides.

3.Remove meat from the pan and set aside. Repeat the process for the next batch.
4.You will need to add more oil each time you fry more batches of meat. When you are done frying, add all the meat back into the frying pan and add the remaining marinade to the pan.
5.Let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat and then add the onions and let cook for another minute.
6.Serve with rice and enjoy your Bistek!
It's so yummy, it's also fperfect for Lunch and Dinner. Happy Eating!

1 comment:

Her Glitter Life said...

This is so yummy. You make me hungry girl.