Friday, August 7, 2009

Salmon Salad

This entry is a repost from my other blog. I'm sorting out the food entries I made earlier and plan to transfer some here in my very own food blog. Here's one of them. Salmon (particularly the Pink Salmon) has been part of my food shopping list. It is the smallest and most abundant of the Pacific Salmons.This fish doesn't require so much to improve its taste. Naturally, it is rich in flavor. This is a borrowed recipe from a Travel magazine.

The original recipe has the ff:
6 tbsp olive oilsalmon fillet
2 tbsp garbanzos
2 mid sized tomatoes (chopped)
2 tbsp pitless black olives (sliced)
1 tbsp choppedparsley
2 tbsp fresh orange juice1tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. capers
1 tsp.grated orange peel
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 tbsp chopped basil

How to:
Stir fry salmon fillet in olive oil with the rest of the ingredients except the chopped basil.When fish is cooked, set in a platter, top with chopped basil.Viola!

My What's Cookin' recipes are all based on the available ingredients I have in my pantry, freezer and crisper. I choose the best substitute to the ones that I don't have. And yes, there are also times when I had to go out to buy, just in case I come up with nothing from my own kitchen drawers.

My version:
2 slices of Pink Salmon
2 mid sized red tomatoes (as followed)
3 calamansi (instead of lemon)
fresh basils ( as followed)
romaine lettuce
2 tbsp orange juice (not fresh)
6 pcs. baby corn (chopped)
3 tbsp olive oil




My How to:
1.Stir fry all ingredients with the salmon fillet in olive oil except for the chopped basil and lettuce.
2.In a salad platter, mix the lettuce and basil together.
3.Once the fish is cooked, mix it all with the greens.Done! This is a very healthy dish. You can also eat it with rice or any form of carbs/ and protein you want. With this salad alone, its already quite heavy. You can also add walnuts, almonds, fresh mushrooms. Anything that your heart desires. If you don't have salmon, any fish fillet will do.

Happy Eating!

3 comments:

Four-eyed-missy said...

I like salmon too but it is so expensive here. I like your recipe -- simple at healthy pa!

Enjoy your weekend, Enchie :)

We Ate This!

redkathy said...

I really enjoy salmon however I'm the only one in the house who does! This would be perfect for just me. Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna try it real soon.

kamz said...

i love to eat and cook salmon too, ench. i agree, it is rich in flavor and kahit prito lang, masarap! i even love the salmon sushi!

and this is a very healthy recipe. too bad, wala pa akong nakitang salmon in the groceries here. reading this post made me realize how much i missed this fish!