Thursday, August 19, 2010

FTF: How Do You Like Your Adobo?


My Pork Adobo is the usual dish we would often see cooked with soy sauce. I like it better than "Adobong Puti". After boiling my pork in soy sauce, coco vinegar, bay leaf, chopped garlic, a little sugar, salt and pepper, I fry it. But first, set aside the garlic after boiling. In a frying pan, I place a tbsp of oil, then I start frying the garlic that was set aside earlier, when it's all light brown,  then add fried potatoes and a cup of the marinate then simmer until the sauce is reduced..
enchie’s kitchen
enchie’s kitchen

I like my Pork Adobo a bit dry with a little oil coming from the fat of the pork, with a little hint of the remaining sauce.

5 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

I like my adobo that way too!!! nakakatakam itong adobo mo,Enchie.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i love it a bit dry... my mom cooks it.. she lets it simmer sa adobo sauce until ma-absorb nung meat. then sometimes, medyo fried pa yung pork. sarap!!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I like dry adobo but with a li'l moist, but sad to say,my adobo always end up with lots of sabaw/sauce, lol!
Thanks for sharing this recipe and Have a happy weekend!

Unknown said...

i also use the same ingredients as yours, especially the soy sauce. an adobo looks strange when it's pale.:p masarap na adobo yong parang tutong after slow-cooking the pork.

Certified Foodies said...

My mother and my partner have different ways of cooking adobo. My mom uses a lot of vinegar, my partner prepares it Adobong Bisaya style.

I also prefer my pork adobo a bit dry. :)

- blankPixels of CertifiedFoodies.com -

Our Food Trip Friday & Food Friday entry:
Homemade Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Peanut sauce