Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Filipino Spaghetti

I was having second thoughts a few months back if I should post a simple Filipino Spaghetti Recipe or not.  Since almost everyone knows how to cook Spaghetti, I really didn't pondered on posting it that much, until I found out that people are searching my food blog for a Pinoy Spaghetti recipe. I should really consider changing my site's domain and research on blog web hosting. Anyway, here I am, and as promised I am going to make this recipe easy. For our friends from other countries and would love to try our Filipino Spaghetti, you can use your regular Spaghetti Sauce just add sugar, banana ketchup and the rest of the ingredients  like some sausage bits.

enchie’s kitchen
There's no doubt that spaghetti is one of the few that Filipinos love the most. We Filipinos were able to concoct our own. Famous as the "Filipino Spaghetti" or "Pinoy Spaghetti", our spaghetti sauce is composed of different ingredients. From the usual Spaghetti sauce, most of us also include ketchup to add flavor and to improve the consistency of the sauce. We also add sugar, hotdog or sausage bits, aside from the ground meat that's also a highlight. And to top it, we use our local cheese

Recipe?

My Pinoy Spaghetti was kinda different, because I didn't add catsup. I used Del Monte's Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce instead.

* for every 1 Kilo of Ground Lean or any Ground Meat, I boil 1 Kilo of  Spaghetti, I use 2 Big Pouches of Del Monte Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce (which is equivalent for 2 Kilos of pasta) For me, I'd rather keep more of the sauce in my fridge, than left-over pasta without any sauce.

Ingredients:
  • 1 kilo spagahetti (pasta al dente, set aside)
  • 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1/2 kilo regular hotdog (chopped) or 4 small cans of Vienna Sausage (chopped)
  • 1 kilo ground lean meat (pre-boiled)
  • 1 can button mushrooms (chopped into small pieces)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • Grated cheese
How To:
  • In a sauce pan, pour olive oil and saute garlic until light brown, then add chopped onions.
  • Add pre-cooked ground meat stir for a few seconds.
  • Add chopped hotdog or sausages and mushrooms, stir for about a minute.
  • Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for about a minute
  • When everything is cooked, add the Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce and stir for 30 seconds
  • Add salt and pepper to taste, simmer again for a few seconds (add water if needed)
note: Since the Spaghetti Sauce is already sweetened, just add sugar to obtain your preferred sweetness.
  • Pour sauce on your pasta and top it with your  favorite grated local cheese. I like Eden Cheese.

3 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love Filipino-Style spaghetti. Mas gusto ko pa nga sya kesa sa little girl ko kasi sya oil-based pasta lover...

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i like pasta.. basta di white sauce. Gusto ko red sauce or oil based =)

sometimes I crave for Pinoy style. I just had the one from Makati SUpermarket coffee shop yesterday. Sarap. I also like Amber's and Jollibee.

Anonymous said...

I love spag... pinoy style d best!!!