Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Creamy Baked Potato

Baked potato is not really my favorite but I still find it as something to look forward to everytime I eat out. 

One of the things that keeps pushing me to cook and prepare such dishes is basically because I didn't have a satisfying experience with the food at some point in some restaurant. So I end up doing it  according to my preference and Baked Potatoes are one of those dishes. A few months back, I had an order of baked potato from a restaurant. I got to give it to them, it was very appetizing to look at. But when I started digging in, I got disappointed on how thin the filling was and  I ate the skin more than the creamy potato itself. It turned out like Baked Potato with lots of skin in it (lol!).
This is an easy dish to prepare as long as you have potatoes and an oven working.

Ingredients:
5 big potatoes (washed)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp mix of salt and ground pepper
2 tbsp chopped onion springs
4-5 tbsp crispy bacon bits
and a fork
1 cup grated cheese of your choice

Bechamel Sauce: or basic white sauce Recipe courtesy Mario Batali please click link for the recipe.

How To: 

Preheat oven at 350F
After washing the potatoes pat dry with paper towel. 
Use the fork stab each potato deeply  all over.
In a flat pan or baking dish mix olive oil with salt and pepper then roll each potato until well coated.
Place each potato on preheated oven rack, then place a baking sheet under to catch the drippings.
Bake for 1 hour, depending on the size of the potatoes.

*Since I used big potatoes, I prefer cutting my baked potatoes into half . 1/2 maybe equivalent to 1 cup of rice.

While hot, immediately top your potatoes with Bechamel Sauce, grated cheese, chopped onion springs and bacon bits!

1 comment:

♥peachkins♥ said...

Naku, mahilig si hubby sa baked potato...