Thursday, July 28, 2011

FTF: Bagoong Rice with Kangkong Bits

FTFBadge

Okay I'll be honest, this was inspired by Chowking's Pork Chao Fan. Since I started my cravings for the first 2 months of my pregnancy, I have been praying for Chowking's Pork Chao Fan everyday. But as reality speaks, time won't permit me or us to go out everyday just to buy Pork Chao Fan. So what did I ended up doing? Yeah, I made my own version at home. Basically what I prepared was just rice mixed in shrimp paste, some  meat from a left over Picadillo. Then I added some chopped Kangkong (or cabbage water) to make it more nutritious. That's it!

I just want to clear things, it didn't taste like the original Chowking Pork Chao Fan, maybe close but not entirely.

5 comments:

Luna Miranda said...

necessity is indeed the mother of invention.:p

jellybelly said...

Looks good! That's what I love about fried rice. You can put just about anything you want and it's always yummy :)


The Twerp and I

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

I am so willing to try this one sometimes!

cheerful said...

looks really delicious...and its bagoong, love to try it...must be really yummy! visiting from FTF, have a great weekend! :)

Tetcha said...

It might not taste like Chowking's Pork Chao Fan, but it certainly looks delicious! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/07/food-trip-friday-bigby%E2%80%99s-cafe-and-restaurant/