Monday, September 12, 2011

Left Over Magic--- Pasta Pastel

It's been a long time since I shared a left over magic from my kitchen. Today's featured left- over is from my previous entry: Reinventing Mom's Saucey Pork Roast.

When it comes to cooking, it has been a habit of mine to prepare for at least 2 or 3 extra heads. Obviously, even if my version of pork roast was a total success. It feels like I cooked way too much for everyone here at home. With that, I decided to use the left over Pork Roast and turn it into a pasta dish. 
Servings: 2
Ingredients:
  • 250 g spaghetti (cooked)
  • Left over pork roast (pork pastel also preferred)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 5 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 small white onion (chopped)
  • 1 tsp chopped chives (spring onions)
  • 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
  • salt and ground pepper to taste
How To:
  • In a sauce pan, saute garlic until light brown.
  • Add chopped onions and left over pork roast (including sauce). Stir until pork is overly cooked that it can be shredded into small pieces.
  • Add red bell pepper. Stir for a few seconds.
  • Add cooked pasta and chopped chives and mix everything evenly.
  • Salt and Pepper to taste.
  • Add grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Serve and Enjoy!
Another Left Over Magic From My Kitchen and Beyond!

1 comment:

redkathy said...

Oh my gosh this pasta looks and sounds wonderful Enchie! I'm a huge fan of recreating with leftovers