Friday, April 10, 2009

Mac N' Cheese At Home

Let this be my Food Trip Friday entry. Since it's Good Friday today, I didn't prepare anything exciting for lunch and breakfast. I opened a can of Spaning Style Bangus and some mixed veggies. But this photo was taken sometime ago, I exactly served this very same dish.
o0o0o0

This is one dish I wanted to learn without using any additives that instant Mac N' Cheese has. I was finally able to make some for dinner last night. It was perfect for Maundy Thursday. The How To? Easy.
What You Will Be Needing:

350g Shell Macaroni or any Macaroni of your choice
6 Tablespoons of fresh milk (low-fat preferred)
226g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1/4 unsalted butter


How To:

Boil Macaroni until cooked. (don't over-cook)
Drain, put it back in the pot
Add milk, butter and cheese
Enjoy! It's healthier without the preservatives or additives. Add more fresh cheese if you want. Yummy!

Servings: 5-6

2 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

my boys loves mac n cheese, but i have no patienced (like you) cooking it from scratch, i always do the easy (instant) way, but husband makes the best mac n cheese that the boys always asked for. :)

iceah said...

yummy :9 we love mac n cheese too c: plus veggies of course c: