Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pork Adobo Goes Well With Mustard Leaves

The famous Pork Adobo
Pork or chicken, or a combination of both, is slowly cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, and often browned in the oven or pan-fried afterward to get the desirable crisped edges. This dish originates from the northern region of the Philippines. The standard accompaniment to adobo is white rice.
Fresh Mustard Leaves (Mustaza) Salad

This is definitely home grown. Part of the preparation is squeezing the juice out of the Mustard leaves (native from the Philippines). The purpose is to get rid of the spicy and bitter flavor.

For me, the original flavor from the chopped leaves adds a little kick to the salad. I choose to eat it fresh with tomatoes, onions, some vinegar and salt. Also perfect for grilled and fried dishes.

8 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

thanks for your post that I learned something, hindi ko alam na yung mustard pala eh mustasa,meron kasi dito pero di ko binibili,ngayon alam ko na :)

Enchie said...

Hi willa! I'm glad this post was veru useful .:D

Naoko said...

The Pork Adobo looks great, I should have tried it when I was in Hawaii.

Naoko said...

The Pork Adobo looks great, I should have tried it when I was in Hawaii.

Ebie said...

I have not tried eating the mustasa as salad but I have tried it in my soup.

Enchie said...

Hi Nao! you should try it when you get a chance again. yummy!

Enchie said...

Hi Ms. Ebie! I want to try the soup you mentioned :)

Anonymous said...

ay naku sa lahat ng niluluto ko dito ako palpak sa adobo dko ma perfect minsan maalat basta diko makuha yung luto ko jan ewan ko gusto pa nman medyo nag oily kunti kaso wala as in palpak huhuhu