Thursday, April 23, 2009

Food Trip Friday---Pork Binagoongan


I had no idea how to cook this. I thought of a Pinakbet recipe minus the rest of the vegetables except for the eggplant, and with more shrimp paste. And it was a success. This was totally an experimental dish.

I used evaporated milk, added green chilli to give some spice and color for the presentation.

What You Will Be Needing:

Lean Pork cut into small strips
1 whole red tomato (cut into quarters)
1 whole onion (chopped)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons shrimp paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
1 eggplant (sliced to your desired shape)
2 green chilli (sliced in the middle)
Pinch of pepper
1/2 cup water

How To:

In a pan, saute garlic until golden brown.
Add onions and tomatoes. Stir for a few seconds.
Add the lean pork.Stir again for a few seconds.
Add 1/2 c water
Wait until meat is all tender. Set aside drained water from the meat.
In the very same pan, stir shrimp paste and pork together.
Add the evaporated milk. Keep stirring.
Add a little of the pork broth.
Add the sliced Eggplant. Stir again for a few seconds.
Add pepper and chilli.
Stir for 2 minutes until all is thick.
Yummy!!! Another Filipino Authentic Dish!

14 comments:

Willa said...

waaa!!!!....I've been dying to do this but no idea how, thanks for this post enchie, another great food recipe from you!

Enchie said...

Thanks Willa! By the way, you have the option of not adding milk.

Four-eyed-missy said...

Oooh, sarap! I'm drooling now :) Like Willa I've been wanting to make this dish for the longest time. I wonder if I could add tofu? I so love the sili, too.

Enjoy your weekend, Enchie :)


We Ate This!P.S. May I add your food blog to my list? Thanks.

foodiejenn said...

I miss eating this food! Parang gusto ko ring magluto nito ah? Try ko nga.

My Food Trip Friday entry is posted here. Happy weekends!

Clarissa said...

wow!it's my first time joining ftf at marami akong nakitang pinoy dish--namiss ko tuloy kumain ng pinoy dish!sarapp!!
here's my entry:
http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2009/04/food-trip-friday.html

Have a happy weekend!^_^

♥peachkins♥ said...

It looks yummy...Sarapi-try but I cook Pork Binagoongan in another way. It's like Lechon Kawali Binagoongan and the bagoong is a little sweet..

Happy Friday!

Arlene said...

wow Ench, ang galing mo magluto! That looks yummy.

Great to eat that with bread!

Rechie said...

I know masarap to..I remember the last time my mama cooked this for our dinner nung dalaga pa ako..ngayon na married na kailangan na talaga mtutong mgluto.Thanks for sharing the recipe..pag-aaralan ko..

My post for FTF is up. I hope u can visit

http://chuchiesharingrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/04/food-trip-friday-2.html

Unknown said...

Wow, this is also a favorite but I've not eaten this for a while now. Thanks for the visit.

Ebie said...

Mukhang masarap, pwede ba pork lang sa akin, allergic ako sa bagoong?

Dhemz said...

Oh my..am drooling...need 2 cups of rice with this dish...hehhehe! may natira pa ba Mommy? wow galing..experimenting is one of chefs secrets...hehhehe!

Anonymous said...

ay sarap nyan nagluluto ako nyan nug jan ako sa pinas kahit na bawal ako kumain ng alamang kc may allergy ako naku wala ako paki basta makain ko gusto ha ha sarap sarap nyan i miss it wala kc bagoong dito kung meron lang magluluto ako talaga

Twinkie said...

Binagoongan with milk? Ok ha! I'll give it a try next month. Kakabinagoongan ko lang ei! Thanks! Love the presentation. :)

nath said...

I think I like this one, I'll try..
thnx.. see ya!