Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kangaroo Jack and Jatujak Restaurant

Our Mother's Day Celebration.
One thing I noticed. Both Restaurants that I will be featuring today, has a "jack, jak" name. Odd and extraordinary for Mother's Day!
May 9, 2009
Kangaroo Jack Steaks and Grill
*Fast-causal dining segment. Kangaroo Jack is a steak lover’s haven with its menu boasting of delectable porterhouse, tenderloin, and T-bone steaks, sizzling meals and grills. It also serves burgers, pizza, nachos, quesadilla and a variety of chicken, ribs, seafood, and pasta dishes, all priced much lower than that of the big brands currently available in the market.-source-

Price ranges from Php180-250. Kangaroo Jack SM Megamall.
Special Offers
Hungarian Sausage
Beef and Mushrooms

Pork Tops

May 10, 2009
JatuJak Thai Restaurant

Named after Bangkok's famed weekend market. It is now my favorite Thai Restaurant. They nailed that Thai authentic taste. From the salad to their main. Everything on the Menu, I guess. I have been to Thai food since my on the job training at Dusit Hotel (now Dusit Thani). I worked for quite sometime in the kitchen where they prepare authentic Thai dishes. A chef used me as a taste tester for one of the dishes---their shrimp salad. It was really good. They have a special Thai sauce for that and they won't tell me!

When I ate in Jatujak. I finally got to taste that unique flavor again. And I will be coming back just to have some more. They have it! they're definitely Thai...
Fish Fillet with String Beans
Crispy Pork
Red Curry Beef
We had 2 sets of rice:
Binagoongan Rice---which is a stir fried rice with shrimp paste, served with thin slices of green mangoes, onions, scrambled egg strips, cucumber and pork tidbits with shrimp paste.

Pork Rice--- Stir Fried Rice with pork toppings mixed with authentic Thai specialty sauce.
Price Ranges from Php150-400

1 comment:

Ebie said...

Jackaroo Lunch Sizzlers is inexpensive, and seems affordable. Between the two, I would pick Thai food.