Monday, May 4, 2009

Easy Pork Pastel

One of the things that most of you may have noticed is that I haven't posted any baked recipe yet. If not that, at least anything that has something to do with baking.
I have one simple reason. I wanted to make this food blog to concentrate on easy recipes. As a mom, who does everything at home (not a single helper around), I find baking as an extra task. I do it for special occasions, but not on a regular basis. Like this evening.
*I apologize for not posting extra pictures. I only used my cellphone camera and its quite like Hell's Kitchen here :D With my son watching me cook, from chopping the ingredients, sauteing, and making the sauce.

And believe me, there's a lot I haven't shared yet.

Easy Pork Pastel


What you will be Needing:

1/2 Kilo Pork Tenderloin (sliced)
1 small can Vienna Sausage (sliced)
1 medium carrot (cut into quarters)
3 medium potatoes (cut into quarters)
6 pieces baby corn ( cut into quarter size)
1 large green bell pepper (cut into quarters)
1/2 evaporated milk
1/4 unsalted butter
5 cloves garlic (minced)
3 cups water (for the broth)
Salt and fresh ground pepper

*1/2 cup water (for the thickening sauce)
*3 tsp. flour 0r cornstarch ( for thickening sauce)
* dissolve flour in 1/2 c water

How to:

In a sauce pan, heat up butter and saute garlic.
Add the sliced pork tenderloin, stir for a few minutes
Add 3 cups water and simmer until pork is cooked.
Add potatoes, carrots, baby corn and sausages, simmer for another 3-5 minutes until all are cooked.
Add 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Keep stirring.
Then add the green bell pepper.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
To end, add the thickening agent of mixed flour and water. Keep stirring until you get the right consistency.

note: you have the option of baking it.

When pork and veggies are done, transfer to baking dish. Cover with pie crust. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until crust turns golden brown.

Pastel Crust:
* 4 cups all-purpose-flour (sift 3 times)
* 1 cup shortening or margarine
* 2 tsp. salt
* 1 tbsp. sugar
* 1 cup water

Servings: 3-4
-source for pastel crust-

6 comments:

Liza said...

Ito ang pinakagustong lutuin ng mom ko. super dali kasi, ganun din walang crust and she uses pork too. ;)

Ebie said...

Ay! masarap ito, Ive tasted this but my friend used chicken. I haven't tried cooking it because I do not have the recipe. Let me try making this.

Enchie said...

sure ms Ebie! and thanks Liza for dropping :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for this mam. May bago nanaman ako natutunan :)

Enchie said...

You're welcome Alren and thanks for the visit too.

Anonymous said...

Tried it with genuine chorizo de Bilbao - turned out great