Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Tuna Pasta

I actually learned making this dish through my close friend Loie and her Mom. They prepared this one evening when we visited them. The only difference is I prefer mixing the sauce with the pasta upon serving. 2 nights ago I made a spicy version using Century Tuna's Spanish Style Tuna. I must say it was good but it was pretty hot because my son showed some disappointment on his face and with plenty of water. Don't get me wrong, but I've known my little boy who can handle anything that is spicy and bitter, but then again, that made me realize the big difference between spicy and hot. So yesterday, I made a new version, a non-spicy Tuna Pasta so he can enjoy eating this dish again.

Here are the ingredients:
5oog any pasta of your choice
2 cans Century Tuna (flakes in olive oil)
1/2 cup sliced button mushroom
1 to 2 pcs. baby carrots sliced thinly
5 cloves garlic minced
1 medium white onion chopped
2 medium red tomatoes chopped into quarters
3 tbsps EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tsp dried basil or chop fresh basil
2 pcs. dried bay leaf
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Easy: Same procedure as my first Tuna Pasta entry

Just cook pasta, drain. Set aside
In the very same sauce pan, saute garlic in olive oil until light brown.
Add onions and tomatoes. Stir for few seconds.
Add dried Bay leaf and tuna. Pour everything, even the tuna oil. Stir for a few minutes.
Add Button Mushrooms and Carrots and Basil
Add pasta and mix everything together.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Parmesan to top it all!
enchie’s kitchen
My Tuna Pasta

*I used thin slices of carrots because carrots gives that crisp and sweet flavor to the dish. More carrots the better. It will also make your dish appetizing to the eyes. The kids will love it!

7 comments:

Four-eyed-missy said...

This is an excellent dish, Enchie! I will borrow it ha? My husband and I love pasta and tuna so I am in constant search for new recipes. Have a great weekend =)

♥peachkins♥ said...

This is really good. try mo naman anchovies,garlic and olive oil lang. Aglio Oilo Pasta..sarap din.

Enchie said...

@ Sreisaat thanks and its always a pleasure to share
@ Peachy thanks for the tip, I was actually thinking of other ingredients to make it different

redkathy said...

Enchie, the tuna salad looks delicious. Use the tuna oil too was a great idea. Bet the flavor was wonderful.

ceemee said...

Thanks for sharing!

joy said...

hi enchie! thanks for sharing this recipe, will cook this for bf this valentine's day!

Nhil / The Chefs Daughter said...

Sana magustuhan ito ng husband ko. I'll try this one weekend. :)