Sunday, February 21, 2010

Food Trip Friday--- Homemade Turon

Turon or fried caramelized banana. Banana wrapped in spring roll wrappers.
Recipe Here
I prefer making Turon with white sugar. I coat the banana itself with sugar before wrapping it. Then, I will coat the whole wrapped banana again. I don't deep-fry my turon, I pan-fry them. That way, I have control on caramelizing the sugar. I would often buy Turon coated with burnt sugar and the taste is awful. And I also like making small, bite- size Turons.

3 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

thumbs up!! :D the best if it has lots of sugar & langka!

Food Trip Friday said...

Galing naman! Naluluto din ba yung saging kahit na pan fry lang?

Enchie said...

@ Pink cookies thanks! super sarap talaga with langka!

@ Willa yup luto pati saging. But I must say, that you should buy the ripe ones already.